Pfizer reported a 4% fall in quarterly revenue, hurt by a stronger dollar.
Net profit rose to $US2.38 billion, or 38 cents per share, for the first quarter, from $US2.33 billion, or 36 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 51 cents per share.
Revenue fell to $US10.86 billion.
(Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
More from Reuters:
- India cancels licenses of nearly 9,000 charities over foreign funds
- GSK shingles vaccine shows benefits across all age groups
- UK’s Conservatives one point ahead of Labour: TNS poll
- Greek, Turkish Cypriot leaders to discuss ways to end conflict
- Ukrainian serviceman killed in rebel attacks in eastern Ukraine: Kiev military