Japanese video game maker Nintendo Co Ltd on Thursday reported its first annual operating profit in four years, slightly ahead of analyst estimates, as reduced costs offset the impact of slowing revenue growth.
Profit of 24.8 billion yen ($US207.6 million) beat the company’s forecast of 20 billion yen as well as the average estimate of 23.8 billion yen from 20 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
Nintendo also forecast operating profit of 50 billion yen for the year started April 1.
More from Reuters:
- France’s Marine Le Pen gambles with political patricide
- Hardy cattle beef up Zimbabwe farmers’ incomes
- Telecity, Interxion deal in doubt as Equinix weighs in
- France’s Sapin says Greece belongs in euro, solution will be found
- Red Cross says one dead in latest Burundi protests
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.