- R. Kelly criticised Lady Gaga after said she would pull their song “Do What U Want” from music sites and said she believes his accusers.
- Numerous people have accused R. Kelly of running a “sex cult” where he abuses women and conducts sexual relationships with underage girls. R. Kelly denies all the allegations.
- On Friday, “Do What U Want” was gone from iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, and other sites.
R. Kelly lashed out at Lady Gaga in a statement from his lawyer after the “A Star is Born” singer disavowed him and pulled their song collaboration from digital music sites.
“Mr. Kelly has not committed any crime. It is unfortunate the extent people want to put his past relationships under a microscope for their own personal gain,” Kelly’s attorney Steve Greenberg told Access Hollywood. “But no one complained when they were living the glamorous life as a rockstar groupie or girlfriend. There are no victims-there are only those now exploiting Mr. Kelly for their 15 minutes of TMZ fame.”
Numerous people have accused Kelly of sexual abuse and having relationships with underage girls. He’s currently the subject of the Lifetime docuseries “Surviving R. Kelly,” where several women describe him as wielding control over their lives as part of a “sex cult” he runs.
Kelly has been the subject of sexual misconduct controversies for decades, but has usually settled cases out of court and has had his accusers sign non-disclosure agreements about them.
Kelly has denied all the allegations against him.
On Thursday, Lady Gaga, who made the song “Do What U Want” with Kelly, said on Twitter that she believes his accusers, regretted working with him, and vowed to remove the song from digital music sites.
“What I am hearing about the allegations against R. Kelly are absolutely horrible and indefensible,” she said. “I’m sorry, both for my poor judgment when I was young, and for not speaking sooner.”
On Friday, the song was removed from Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, and other digital music platforms, though a solo version remains available.
- Read more:
- R. Kelly is reportedly under investigation for sexual abuse. Here are all the allegations against him.
- 12 of the most shocking allegations from ‘Surviving R. Kelly’
- Lady Gaga says she believes the women accusing R. Kelly of sexual assault, and has vowed to pull her song with the R&B singer from all streaming services
- 15 celebrities who have collaborated with R. Kelly and what they have to say about the allegations against him
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.