Chipotle Mexican Grill were among the most active names of Tuesday’s premarket session, with both stocks falling on heavy volume.
Chipotle lost 5.2 per cent to $US618.80 before the bell a day after the burrito chain reported another acceleration in quarterly restaurant sales growth but signaled that such momentum couldn’t last forever.
The stock has been a trading favourite this year, up about 23 per cent in 2014, based on Monday’s closing price. That easily outpaces the S&P 500’s rise of about 3 per cent.
(Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
More from Reuters:
- Palestinians Downbeat On Promised Rebuilding Of Ruined Gaza Strip
- Pakistani Taliban Sack Influential Spokesman As Divisions Grow
- Sudan’s Bashir Chosen By Ruling Party As Candidate For 2015 Elections
- Omeros Suspends Mid-stage Trial Of Huntington’s Drug, Shares Fall
- Flu Drug Aimed At Ebola May Also Fight Norovirus, Study Finds