Johanna Maria Quandt, head of the family that controls German carmaker BMW , has died, a spokesman for the family said on Wednesday.
The 89-year-old who was married to Herbert Quandt, died on Monday, in Bad Homburg, Germany, the spokesman said.
The Quandt family owns a 46.6 per cent stake in BMW.
(Reporting by Edward Taylor; Editing by Susan Fenton)
More from Reuters:
- France launches tender for floating offshore wind projects
- Iowa man to plead guilty to online threats against Boston mosque
- Headhunters woo low-cost Venezuela talent amid crisis
- Victim’s daughter says family ‘broken’ by Colorado movie gunman
- Perrigo CEO says no easy path for Mylan to acquire company