BMW is open to building cars for other companies such as Google or Apple, the automaker’s production chief said on Wednesday.
“We live in a world of partnerships,” Oliver Zipse said in response to a question about whether BMW could imagine building a car for a software or computer company such as Apple.
(Reporting by Irene Preisinger; writing by Edward Taylor; editing by Jason Neely)
More from Reuters:
- Euro zone factory growth stutters as China, Japan heals
- As populists surge, Nordic consensus politics fray
- Singapore PM takes to the stand for hours in blogger defamation case
- Chinese carbon market doldrums may undermine climate efforts
- BMW production chief says could imagine building a car for Apple
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.