AT&T reported a 13 per cent fall in quarterly profit and said revenue was nearly flat from a year earlier.
The second-largest U.S. wireless carrier posted net income attributable to the company of $US3.2 billion, or 61 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March 31, compared with $US3.65 billion, or 70 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Excluding items, AT&T earned 63 cents per share, ahead of analysts’ average estimate of 62 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue was $US32.58 billion versus $US32.48 billion a year earlier. Analysts expected revenue of $US32.84 billion.
More from Reuters:
- U.S. House Democrat proposes alternative to fast track trade bill
- Active online, foreign women become Islamic State widows
- National Football League concussion settlement gets final approval
- Armenian president says ready to restart reconciliation with Turkey
- EU leaders to restore rescue operations after migrant boat disaster
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.