BEIJING – Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook said the company is planning to open 25 retail stores in China within the next two years, according to a Chinese transcript of an interview posted by web portal Sina.com.
Apple presently has 15 outlets in the country, Cook said. The Apple chief executive is on a visit to China, where he has visited Apple facilities and met Vice Premier Ma Kai.
(Reporting by Matthew Miller; Editing by Stephen Coates)
More from Reuters:
- Special Report: Why Ukraine’s Revolution Remains Unfinished
- Lebanese Army Kills Three Men In Raid: Security Sources
- Honda Executives To Take Pay Cut After Fifth Fit Hybrid Recall
- Drugmakers May Need Indemnity For Fast-tracked Ebola Vaccines
- North Korea To Bar Foreign Tourists Over Ebola Concerns: Tour Operators