Qantas has revealed six startups and six “scaleups” admitted to its new corporate innovation accelerator AVRO.
Corporate startup engagement advisor Slingshot, which made headlines last week for developing a startup programme for the makers of XXXX beer and Dairy Farmers, helped the aviation giant in getting AVRO up and running.
The 12 businesses will each receive up to $150,000 of funding from Slingshot and Qantas and enter a 12-week programme that will see them working alongside the airline’s in-house teams.
The programme received almost 500 applications, which Qantas claimed was the most ever for an Australian startup accelerator. The 12 beneficiaries, coming from Australia and the USA, cover travel tech, fintech, adtech, revenue management and data analytics.
Easyshare co-founder John Bush said he was “excited” to use the AVRO accelerator to expand the company’s customer base: “This presents a valuable opportunity for us to leverage Qantas’ network and support to accelerate our business growth objectives.”
Here are the 12 companies selected for the first intake, with Qantas’ descriptions:
The six startups
- Aeroster: A tool for pilots, cabin and ground crew to view and share rosters with family, friends and colleagues.
- Coverhero: An insurance robo-advisor that helps to understand, buy and manage insurance in one place.
- Easyshare: An online platform for bill splitting and payments.
- Landmarx ID: Uses mobile location data against known points of interest to provide clients customer insights.
- Leezair: An inspiration, discovery and booking platform for unique experiences.
- Travelshoot: Connects travellers with local professional photographers across the globe.
The six scaleups
- Birch: Helps users optimise their credit card and loyalty spending to maximise their rewards.
- BoozeBud: An alcohol discovery and delivery platform.
- LoanDolphin: A loan bidding marketplace in which banks and brokers compete for users home loans.
- Meeco: Data platform enabling individuals to control and exchange personal data on their own terms.
- Pawshake: A global network of loving and trustworthy pet minding services.
- Volantio: Optimises unit revenue and marketing performance for the travel industry.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.