Russian President Vladimir Putin has sent his condolences over the tragic death of Total’s Chief Executive Officer Christophe de Mergerie, the news agency TASS cited the Kremlin’s spokesman as saying.
“Vladimir Putin has long known de Margerie, had close working relationship with him,” TASS cited Dmitry Peskov as saying.
De Margerie was killed when a business jet collided with a snow plough during takeoff at Moscow’s Vnukovo International Airport overnight, the company and airport officials said.
“The President highly appreciated de Mergerie’s business skills, his continued commitment to the development of not only bilateral Russian-French relations but also on multifaceted levels,” Peskov said, according to TASS.
(Reporting by Lidia Kelly; editing by Vladimir Soldatkin)
More from Reuters:
- Iranian Cleric’s Death Leaves Gap In Key Power Body
- Kinder Morgan Canada Pipeline Plans Hits A Mountain Of Opposition
- Futures Point To Fourth Day Of Gains; Apple Rallies
- Chipmaker ARM’s Upbeat Message Fails To Allay Concerns
- Djibouti Internet Start-up Aims To Boost Broadband Speeds Across East Africa
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.