Google’s worldwide ad revenue now tops ad revenue from all US print publishers combined, according to Statista’s new graph, which is causing ripples in the media world.To some publishers, however, this data may feel less like news and more like “no, duh.”
Advertising revenue has been a (sinking) target since the early 2000s. Digital and print publishers have turned to new strategies for incremental revenue, including joining ad-tech marketplaces, adding daily deals, and putting paywalls back in place.
What works best?
Find out at IGNITION: Future of Digital, Business Insider’s third-annual conference on successful tech and media business models. The event covers revenue topics such as advertising and inventory strategy, programmatic buying vs. brand-driven sales, the melding of e-commerce and content, mobile successes, and much more.
- Jeff Weiner, CEO, LinkedIn
- Jill Abramson, Executive Editor, New York Times
- Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO, Yelp
- Carolyn Everson, VP, Facebook
- Rick Webb, Consultant on Marketing and Revenue, Tumblr
- Bradley Horowitz, VP, Google
- Don Graham, CEO & Chairman, Washington Post
- Larry Graham, Publisher, USA Today
- Rob Grimshaw, Managing Director, FT.com
- And many more. Full list here.
In addition to two packed days of interviews and discussions, the agenda also includes frequent opportunities to network, lunch and breakfast workshops, and a cocktail reception.
Here’s who attends IGNITION:
- Senior executives in technology and media firms who need to know the latest changes in consumer behaviour and disruptive business models
- Public and private investors who require strategic perspectives on both market-moving companies and emerging business
- Chief executives of late-stage startups who must stay abreast of what industry heavyweights and upcoming competitors are doing
- Heads of emerging companies who need a landscape perspective and to connect with decision-makers
- Solution providers to consumer-technology firms and content publishers
See you in a few weeks!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.