Photo: Flickr / zoomar
Good morning, Ad Land. Here’s what you need to know today:Publicis Groupe just bought the 70-person digital agency Rokkan Media. Notable Rokkan clients include Stoli, Caesars, and Jet Blue.
Best Buy lost a major digital exec. After less than a year after Best Buy poached him from Starbucks, Stephen Gillett is now moving on to be the COO at Symantec Corp. When Barry Judge left Best Buy in May, Gillett had taken on some of his roles as CMO.
Barkley stole away Dairy Queen’s creative services from WPP’s Grey.
MediaVest appointed Jonathan Bokor to be its SVP and director of advanced media. He previously worked at Walt Disney Internet Group.
TubeMogul, a tech service that helps marketers and brands buy video ads across inventory sources, raised $20 million in Series C funding. Northgate Capital led the funding round.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- Sex, Safety, And Machismo: How Guns Are Advertised In America
- INSTAGRAM CAVES: Cancels Changes To Advertising Section Of Its Terms Of Service
- NEVER MIND: Google Has NOT Figured Out How To Track You Even When You’re Offline
- You Can Now Buy Ads On Facebook Using Google’s Search Data
- Post-Newtown, Some In Congress Want New Marketing Rules For Violent Video Games
- This Ad Campaign Is Supposed To Stop You From Killing Yourself If You Live In Boston
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.