In December, SaleSpider conducted a survey and one-on-one interviews to find out how mid to small-sized companies use social media.
Of the 384 businesses that responded, most thought social media marketing worked really well and planned to up their efforts in 2011.
Here are the significant findings:
- 75% of small businesses will do even more social media marketing in 2011
- 63% thought social networking drove their sales and increased revenue
- 40% of the 63% said social networking made a “significant’ impact on their sales and revenue
- In 2011, most small business are going to spend between 26% and 50% of their time and budget on social networking (34%)
- 53% are currently using or will soon use social networking sites from their mobile device.
If you need some tips to get going, read our Ultimate Guide: How To Create A Social Media Strategy From Start To Finish.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.