- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas got married during two ceremonies that took place in India on Saturday and Sunday.
- “I think I was nervous and scared,” the actress told People about walking down the aisle during the Western wedding. “But as soon as the curtains opened, and I saw his face it was just like everything settled and I knew I was making the best decision of my life.”
- Jonas added that “it was highly emotional” and “truly magical.”
“I could not hold it in,” Chopra told People. “I think I was nervous and scared. But as soon as the curtains opened, and I saw his face it was just like everything settled and I knew I was making the best decision of my life.”
The stars had two ceremonies at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India – a Western service for Jonas’ faith and a Hindu one for Chopra. The “Quantico” star, who wore a custom-made Ralph Lauren gown during the Christian ceremony on Saturday, added that the event caused tears.
“The emotions were running high during the ceremonies, I think especially during the Western wedding for me,” Jonas told People. “You think your whole life about that moment. Honestly, I could not have imagined it would be as perfect as it was. It was highly emotional.”
Chopra added: “Being able to have two big weddings, in India, with our closest family and friends was unbelievably special.”
After the Western ceremony, the pair had a Hindu wedding on Sunday where Chopra wore a red outfit that was custom-made by an Indian designer named Sabyasach.
“I love that our wedding was a religious mash-up,” Chopra said. “We took beautiful traditions that we both grew up with and personalised them in a way that made sense for us. It’s been incredible to find the commonalities between our beliefs and figuring out how to blend them in a respectful and meaningful way.”
The couple also shared a video from the Western ceremony, showing Chopra walking down the aisle with her mother, wearing a 75-foot-long veil.
— Nick Jonas (@nickjonas) December 4, 2018
- Read more:
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra dazzled fans with several show-stopping wedding looks – see all their outfits
- How much Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra’s lavish wedding may have cost
- Priyanka Chopra wore an incredible Ralph Lauren bridal gown for her and Nick Jonas’ Christian wedding ceremony, and people are loving it
- Here’s a complete timeline of the relationship between Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra, who tied the knot at an Indian palace on Saturday
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.