- On Wednesday, Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas attended the lavish wedding of Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal in Mumbai, India.
- As Vogue India reported, Chopra wore a long-sleeved, pale peach choli and matching lehenga to the star-studded event.
- Isha Ambani’s father, Mukesh Ambani, is the chairman of Reliance Industries and the richest man in India, according to Forbes.
- According to Bloomberg, people familiar with the planning of the wedding estimated the cost to be about $US100 million.
- But a person close to the Ambani family said the wedding did not cost more than $US15 million, Bloomberg reported.
Newlyweds Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas looked glamorous as ever at the lavish wedding of Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal in Mumbai, India, on Wednesday.
While Jonas opted for a classic black tuxedo, Chopra donned a long-sleeved, pale peach choli and matching lehenga – a traditional fitted blouse and full, ankle-length skirt, respectively.
Designed by Indian couture label Jade by Monica and Karishma, the actress’ top and skirt were covered in intricate silver threadwork and beads, as Vogue India’s Rujuta Vaidya reported.
The eye-catching ensemble was similar to the one Chopra wore at her and Jonas’ wedding reception at the Taj Palace in New Delhi, India, on December 4.
At the reception, the actress wore a silver lehenga and matching choli under an embellished dupatta, one of her many stunning bridal looks.
Chopra and Jonas were among numerous stars, politicians, and world leaders invited to Ambani and Piramal’s high-profile wedding.
The extravagant event was held at a 27-story palace called Antilia, the private residence of Ambani’s father, Mukesh Ambani, who, according to Forbes, is the richest man in India, with an estimated net worth of $US47.3 billion as of October 3.
Mukesh Ambani is the current chairman of Reliance Industries, an Indian conglomerate that owns businesses that engage in oil and gas production, petroleum refining, textiles marketing, retail, telecommunications, and more.
According to Bloomberg, people familiar with the planning of Isha’s wedding estimated the cost to be about $US100 million. But a person close to the Ambani family said the wedding did not cost more than $US15 million, Bloomberg reported.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- Priyanka Chopra has changed her name on Instagram following her wedding to Nick Jonas
- Here are the first photos of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas stepping out as a married couple
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas shared photos of their joyous pre-wedding celebration
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas tied the knot in one of two lavish ceremonies in India
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.