Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's former neighbour says they used to throw 'all night soirées' with fireworks when they lived at Kensington Palace

Chris Jackson/ WPA Pool/ Getty Images.The Duke and Duchess of Sussex in London.
  • The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are quite the party animals, according to a former neighbour.
  • Before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle moved to Windsor’s Frogmore Cottage earlier this year, they lived at Kensington Palace, where they would reportedly host “all night soirées.”
  • French Ambassador Jean-Pierre Jouyet, who lived across from the couple, told The Sun they “used to have fireworks” all night, and the area has become “boring” since they left.
  • Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.

Before the Duke and Duchess of Sussex became parents, they would host “all night soirées” at their former Kensington Palace home, according to a former neighbour who spoke to The Sun.

The couple lived at Nottingham Cottage in the grounds of Kensington Palace until April this year. There, their neighbours included Kate Middleton, Prince William, and French Ambassador Jean-Pierre Jouyet.

Jouyet, whose backyard looks onto the front of Harry and Markle’s former home, said they used to have friends and family constantly visiting the residence.

“It is so quiet here now that Harry and Meghan have left,” he told The Sun.

“They used to have fireworks, soirées that would go all night, friends and family coming and going. Now all we see and hear is the helicopters landing. It’s boring now.”

The pair moved out of Kensington Palace in early April just in time for the birth of their baby, Archie, who arrived on May 6, 2019.

The couple moved to Frogmore Cottage, a luxury 10-bedroom mansion in the ground of Windsor Castle.

However, the duke and duchess might soon be making another move. Recent reports have suggested that they are gearing up for a working sabbatical in Africa, which could last at least several months.

Reports of a new “bespoke role” for the couple have been circulating for months, with some reports suggesting preparations have already been made for the couple to take a preliminary trip to South Africa sometime later this year.


Read more:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly preparing for a ‘long stay’ in Africa with baby Archie, and South Africa could be their first stop

Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams told INSIDER that the rumours could very well be true.

“Obviously before any visit takes place there would have to be extensive preparations and tight security,” said Fitzwilliams, former editor of “The International Who’s Who.”

“We do expect Harry and Meghan to travel to Africa with baby Archie at some point in the next few months.”

Business Insider Emails & Alerts

Site highlights each day to your inbox.

Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.