Photo: Courtesy BMW
In the past, the New York Auto Show tended to get the scraps that were left over from the shows in Detroit, Los Angeles, Chicago, and pretty much everywhere else.But this year, New York is going to be home to some very significant reveals. What should you expect?
- Lincoln, which unveiled a concept version of its next MKZ in Detroit, will be showing the production ready car. The new model is expected to have a simply ginormous panoramic roof.
- Beleaguered electric car maker Fisker is unveiling its second production car, a more affordable model called Atlantic. We will have liveshots and full details on the car this evening after Fisker’s reveal event.
- The 2013 Nissan Altima will be there. Exciting? Nissan’s sister company, Infiniti, will also have an electric luxury concept.
- BMW just chopped the top on its electric i8 Concept to create the breathtaking i8 Spyder (above). The press release makes no mention of the car being in New York…but the timing makes us think it will be there.
- Most importantly, the Corvette may no longer be the top dog in American performance cars after Wednesday. And that is because Chrysler is finally taking the wraps off the all-new Viper. From the teasers we’ve shown you, it looks pretty awesome. There’s a small refresher below:
Photo: DriveSRT Facebook Page
In addition, we will be running around the city over the next three days to a number of manufacturer preview events and we’ll have a shot behind the wheel of the brand new 2013 Ford Escape.
Photo: Travis Okulski / Business Insider
We’ll also be talking to some heavy hitters in the industry, including Jaguar Design Chief Ian Callum as well as Christophe Georges, the COO of Bentley North America.And we definitely won’t forget about the booth babes, like Porsche’s to the right. Refresh your memory with the ladies we saw in Detroit.
Be sure to bookmark our New York 2012 page to have all our stories in one place.
And if you’re on Twitter, follow @BI_GettingThere for pictures and updates as they happen.
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.