Pokémon Go is throwing an in-game “Solstice” event for its 65 million players from June 13 to June 20.
As with past events, certain types of Pokémon will appear more often during the event. A handful of other special bonuses will also be available.
Here are the details:
- The Solstice event runs from 1:00 p.m. PDT on June 13 to 1:00 p.m. PDT on June 20.
- More fire and ice-type Pokémon will appear during that time, including Charmander, Cyndaquil, Growlithe, Houndour, Ponyta, Swinub, Vulpix, Sneasel, Magmar, Shellder, and their evolutions. You’ll also have a higher chance of seeing ultra-rare creatures, like Lapras, out in the wild.
- XP bonuses will be given for “Nice,” “Great,” “Excellent,” curveball and first Pokéball throws each day.
- More XP will also be given for hatching eggs than normal.
- Lucky Eggs will be 50% off in the game’s shop.
This Solstice event predates Pokémon Go’s first real-world event in Chicago next month, where it could finally unleash rare, “Legendary” creatures such as Mewtwo.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.