- Pokémon Go is throwing an in-game Halloween event for the next two weeks with special bonuses and new Pokémon to catch.
- All Pokémon from the original game’s third generation of creatures will be made available by December.
“Pokémon Go” creator Niantic Labs is throwing an in-game event for Halloween.
The promotion includes special bonuses and the addition of a few new Pokémon from the original game’s third generation of creatures. The perks and new Pokémon will be available in the hit game between Friday, October 20 and Thursday, November 2.
Here’s how Niantic is encouraging more gameplay for the next two weeks:
- New Pokémon from the original game’s third generation of creatures, including Duskull, Dusclops, Sableye, Shuppet, and Banette are now available.
- More previously available dark-type Pokémon, like Houndor and Gastly, are spawning more frequently in the game.
- Double Pokémon candy will be awarded for in-game actions like evolutions, transfers, egg hatches, and buddy Pokémon.
- Special Halloween-themed Pikachu will be available to catch.
If you prefer the promotion’s details in chart form, one Reddit user put together the following:
Niantic said it plans to release the rest of the Pokémon from the original game’s third generation of creatures in December.
While “Pokémon Go” is no longer the cultural phenomenon it once was, tens of millions of people still play the game. It’s also one of the fastest mobile games to reach $US1 billion in revenue, according to third-party estimates.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.