- Travel and points website The Points Guy (TPG) is hiring a Travel and Rewards Intern for $US20 an hour.
- The lucky intern will rate and review flights, hotels, trains, and more for the website’s global audience.
- According to TPG, this will include first class travel on the likes of Emirates and Cathay Pacific and stays in some of the world’s top hotels from Greece to Singapore.
- Applicants will need to be current or recent college graduates and over the age of 21.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Do you dream of being a digital nomad?
The idea of working from a beach, or a plane, or a train is appealing to many of us, but it’s never that simple. The costs of travel, accommodation, and dining can quickly mount up for even the better-paid worker abroad.
But what if you were actually getting paid to do the travelling part?
TPG told INSIDER that the salary for the position would be based on the winning candidate’s qualifications and experience but that it would be at least above New York City’s minimum wage of $US15 an hour.
According to the job description: “All you have to do is share your experiences with the world in a series of written reviews with photos, videos and social media posts.”
TPG says the lucky intern will get to travel first class on the likes of Emirates and Cathay Pacific and stay in some of the world’s top hotels, from Greece to Singapore.
The website does stipulate, though, that the job will include occasional reviews of premium economy and coach travel to “keep the intern down to earth.”
Obviously, there are some requirements to meet for those who wish to apply.
Applicants must be current college students or a recent graduate (December 2018 or more recent).
They must also be 21 or older to taste/review alcohol beverage products.
TPG also hints that applicants must have a sophisticated palate: “[You] must be able to tell apart Cristal from Korbel, while blindfolded, or at least be willing to learn.”
The employee will get to keep all of the frequent flyer miles and hotel points that they accrue over the internship, which should enable them to take a “dream vacation – or three – at a later date.”
Those wishing to apply can do so here.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.