Bassanese is a former government economist who went on to be an interest rates strategist and later a closely-followed economic commentator. Business Insider’s contributing editor for economics and markets Greg McKenna also makes his first appearance on the show. The agenda:
- Are central banks now fighting the wrong war?
- Australia’s corporate earnings season
- The “casualisation” of Australia’s workforce through the creation of part-time jobs
- What’s happening on currency markets and why the Aussie dollar is still so high
- The data releases we follow to understand what’s happening in the economy
You can find the show on iTunes, where you can subscribe, rate us, and leave a review. Or you can listen in below. Enjoy.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.