Over the next 16 hours, a deluge of economic announcements will impact markets. The reports include a number of manufacturing and unemployment readings, as well as some fresh GDP numbers.
Here’s what you need to know.
- South Korea starts things off at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday evening with June CPI. Consensus is for a 0.2 per cent increase month-on-month.
- The U.K.’s Lloyds Business Barometer hits at 7:01 p.m.
- At 7:50 p.m. Japan will release measures of its manufacturing sector, with expectations for the Tankan Large Manufacturer’s Index to remain at -4.
- 8:00 p.m. PMI: Netherlands and South Korea
- 9:00 p.m. PMI: China (Official)
- 10:00 p.m. PMI: Taiwan, and Vietnam
- 10:30 p.m. PMI: China (HSBC)
- 11:00 p.m. PMI: Indonesia
- 1:00 a.m. PMI: India, Russia
- 2:00 a.m. PMI: Ireland
- 2:30 a.m. PMI: Sweden (Exp. 48.5)
- 3:00 a.m. PMI: Turkey, Norway (Exp. 54.6), Poland (Exp. 48.6)
- Also at 3:00 a.m., Turkey will release first quarter GDP figures. Economists forecast the economy expanded by 3.0 per cent year-on-year during the period.
- 3:15 a.m. PMI: Spain (Exp. 41.3)
- 3:30 a.m. PMI: Czech Republic and Switzerland (Exp. 45.0)
- 3:45 a.m. PMI: Italy (Exp. 44.6)
- 3:50 a.m. PMI: France (Exp. 45.3)
- 3:55 a.m. PMI: Germany (Exp. 44.7)
- 4:00 a.m. PMI: Greece, Eurozone (Exp. 44.8)
- Italy will release an unemployment reading at 4:00 a.m., with expectations for the jobless rate to increase 10 basis point to 10.3 per cent in May.
- 4:30 a.m. PMI: United Kingdom (Exp. 46.5)
- 5:00 a.m. PMI: Denmark, South Africa, Australia
- Eurozone unemployment hits at 5:00 a.m. as well. Consensus is for a 10 basis point increase in May to 11.1 per cent.
- 9:00 a.m. PMI: Brazil and United States (Markit)
- 10:00 a.m. PMI: United States, (ISM, Exp. 52.0)
- Economic data continues in the U.S. at 10:00 a.m. with construction spending, which is seen advancing 0.2 per cent in May.
- 10:30 a.m. PMI: Mexico
- 11:00 a.m. PMI: Global
There are no major earnings announcements scheduled for Friday.
Consensus estimates provided by Bloomberg. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.