BOGOTA (Reuters) – An aircraft with 81 people aboard, including a Brazilian football team, crashed in central Colombia, the country’s civil aviation association said on its website on Tuesday.
Rescuers are moving survivors from the crash site, the aviation body added. The Chapocoense football team was among the 72 passengers and 9 crew on board the aircraft.
(Writing by Clarence Fernandez; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)
More from Reuters:
- Samsung just recalled nearly 3 million washing machines because they might explode
- U.S. to meet target of admitting 10,000 Syrian refugees: White House
- Fight for Syria’s Aleppo exposes limits of Russian air power
- European privacy regulators to scrutinize WhatsApp privacy switch
- Transplant recipients who resume smoking have shorter survival
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.