- Pizza Hut launched its latest product on Wednesday: A $US150 weighted blanket.
- The chain collaborated with Gravity Blanket to make the item, which weighs 15 pounds and looks like its pepperoni pizza.
- Pizza hut said the blanket is “almost as warm and toasty as the legendary pizza itself.”
- The companies joked that while the micro-fleece cover can be washed in a machine, “Pizza Hut pizza is not machine washable.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Pizza Hut has launched a limited-edition weighted blanket that looks like a pepperoni pizza â€” and costs $US150.
The blanket is styled after the chain’s Original Pan Pizza, and weighs 15 pounds.
Pizza Hut partnered with Gravity Blanket, one of the biggest weighted-blanket brands, to design the item, and said the blanket is “almost as warm and toasty as the legendary pizza itself.”
The blanket is 72 inches wide, which is between the widths of a queen-sized and a king-sized bed.
It has a micro-fleece duvet cover, which the pizza chain claims “mimics the unbeatable feeling of indulging in an Original Pan Pizza.”
The weighted blanket can also help improve people’s sleep while reducing their anxiety, the companies claimed, and described it as “like a hug for your body.”
Though research on weighted blankets remains limited, some recent findings suggest that weighted blankets can aid in sleep and reduce anxiety by providing constant gentle pressure.
The companies joked that, although the blanket cover can be washed in a machine, “Pizza Hut pizza is not machine washable.”