Gettty/Neilson BarnardThe billionaire investor Peter Thiel invested in Trumid and Brex, whose pitch decks you can find links to below.
- Billions of dollars are invested in startups every year.
- Whether a startup seeks to raise money from angel investors, venture-capital firms, or other backers, the presentation – or “pitch” – about the business is critical.
- The most effective pitch decks deftly weave data, imagination, and storytelling in a captivating slide presentation.
- Business Insider regularly interviews startups about fundraising strategies and collects the pitch decks that helped them raise funding. You can read them all by subscribing to BI Prime.
Following is a list of some recent startup pitch decks published by Business Insider, organised by the funding round that each deck was used for:
- Airbnb: The first investor pitch deck for $US31 billion startup Airbnb, which has raised over $US3 billion and is nearing an IPO
- Careem: Here’s the pitch deck Careem used to secure its first round of venture capital, which led its first investors to a 100x return when Uber bought the company this year
- Foursquare: Foursquare is 10 years old and has raised over $US240 million. Here’s what the startup’s first investor pitch deck looked like in 2009, before it raised any money.
- Include: The deck a 23-year-old Croatian entrepreneur used to raise 2 million euros to turn its smart benches into a worldwide ad network
- Octi: The deck an LA entrepreneur used to raise $US7 million for his new social-network idea
- Osano: The deck a Texas entrepreneur used to raise millions for a startup inspired by Zuckerberg’s congressional testimony
- Pillar: The deck that Pillar, a student-loan-management startup, used to score $US5.5 million from Kleiner Perkins and an A-list of Silicon Valley backers
- Public Goods: This deck helped a New York startup raise millions to build a direct-to-consumer marketplace that fills the gap between Amazon and Walmart
- The Predictie Index: This deck helped a 65-year-old company raise $US50 million, and show investors why its personality-testing service was suddenly growing like a hot startup
- Uber: Uber’s original deck from a decade ago shows just how much the ride-hailing giant has changed
- UpTop: The deck a New York startup used to raise $US5.5 million to expand its apartment-rental service
- Winnie: The deck that raised millions for 2 ex-Googlers whose startup helps new millennial parents find childcare
- Zestful: The deck that helped employee-rewards startup Zestful raise a $US1.2 million seed round before it had any customers
- Amify: The pitch deck a Virginia startup used to raise $US6 million after 7 years of bootstrapping its business
- Day One Ventures: The deck a 29-year-old Russian-born VC used to persuade investors to contribute millions to her fund
- Divvy: The investor deck that helped the real-estate startup Divvy raise a $US30 million Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz
- Headset: We got an exclusive look at the pitch deck buzzy marijuana tech startup Headset used to raise $US12 million and ink deals with Nielsen and Deloitte
- Hometalk: The deck a New York startup used to raise $US15 million to expand the services it offers its community of 17 million DIYers
- Pixeom: The deck a Silicon Valley startup used to raise $US15 million to promote its edge-computing service
- Sandbox VR: Check out the deck that Sandbox VR used to get Andreessen Horowitz as lead investor in a $US68 million round, and watch the investors discuss the pitch
- Sempre Health: We got a look at the pitch deck of buzzy Silicon Valley health-tech startup Sempre Health. It reveals how a $US4 billion industry is ripe for disruption.
- Skymind: The deck AI startup Skymind used to scoop up $US11.5 million in funding
- Verbit: The deck this New York startup used to raise $US23 million to expand its hybrid transcription service
- Brex: A buzzy startup raised $US57 million from Peter Thiel and Y Combinator using these 19 slides
- Devoted Health: We got a look at the deck that buzzy startup Devoted Health used to hit a $US1.8 billion valuation before it signed up any customers
- DivvyCloud: The deck Virginia’s DivvyCloud used to raise $US19 million in VC funding
- Front: A hot startup raised $US66 million in 5 days using these 24 slides
- HealthJoy: We got a look at the pitch decks that buzzy $US40 million startup HealthJoy used to snag early investors and then execute a huge strategic shift
- Kong: Kong is capitalising on one of the big trends in software. Here’s the pitch deck it used to raise $US43 million to build out its service.
- Lola.com: The deck corporate-travel service Lola.com used to raise $US37 million in funds
- OpenFin: The deck that hot Wall Street startup OpenFin used to raise $US17 million from Barclays and Wells Fargo
- Trumid: The deck Trumid, a Wall Street trading startup backed by George Soros and Peter Thiel, used to raise $US53 million
- Carta: The investor deck that $US800 million startup Carta used to raise $US150 million in venture capital
- SmartRecruiters: Recruiting-software startup SmartRecruiters raised $US50 million at a valuation above $US300 million. See the deck that sold Insight Ventures on leading the startup’s Series D.
- Cloudian: The deck that helped an enterprise storage company raise a $US94 million round of Series E funding
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.