Latvian photographer Evija Laivina features these products in a haunting, award-winning photo series, “Beauty Warriors.” The project, which we first spotted on Co.Design, underscores the pressure women feel to achieve society’s idea of what it means to be “beautiful.”
“To be successful, you must be perfect and look perfect — these are our society’s rules, which we all follow without even realising how ridiculous the standards are,” Laivina wrote about the series on her website.
Check out 11 photos from “Beauty Warriors” below.
More from INSIDER:
- New reports say Khloe Kardashian is pregnant — and people are freaking out
- Caitlyn Jenner won’t be on the next season of ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians’
- We tried the best ‘cheap’ beers from the grocery store — here’s the only brand you should buy
- 13 married people reveal the one thing they regret putting on their wedding registry
- Here’s how Kylie Jenner’s family has reportedly reacted to her alleged pregnancy
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.