- Prince Philip has been a member of the British royal family since he married Queen Elizabeth II on November, 20, 1947.
- But despite being married to the monarch of the country, the prince lives a relatively normal life.
- When he isn’t attending royal weddings and state dinners, Philip has been seen riding the train, enjoying sports, and even doing his own shopping.
- The royal turns 98 on June 10, 2019.
- In celebration of his upcoming birthday, INSIDER has rounded up 15 hilarious photos of Prince Philip doing commoner things.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh has been married to Queen Elizabeth II since November 20, 1947.
His royal career has been the envy of many over the years – he has travelled the world for royal engagements and state dinners, attended many royal weddings, witnessed several royal births, and gets to call Buckingham Palace his home.
It’s fair to say the prince lives a life of luxury – but, that doesn’t mean he can’t attempt to have a “normal life” every now and then.
The royal has been spotted doing his own shopping, attending sporting matches, and even riding public transport… and INSIDER has the photos to prove it.
In celebration of his 98th birthday on June 10, birthday, we’ve rounded up 15 hilarious pictures of Prince Philip doing commoner things.
Prince Philip may be married to the Queen, but that doesn’t mean he can’t live a somewhat normal life. After all, he still uses public transport from time to time…
… and occasionally does his own shopping.
He sometimes even picks out his own food — fish is clearly a favourite.
He gets really invested in sports. In this picture, he watches a women’s hockey match with the Queen.
Sometimes, he’ll take a day trip to the zoo.
He enjoys some fishing every now and then, too.
He braves the bad weather…
…And even holds his own umbrella when he has to.
The prince has been known to play third wheel to his grandsons.
He enjoys long country walks with his family. Here he is with Prince William and Kate Middleton in Sandringham.
He knows how to share a laugh, too.
Prince Philip even enjoys the odd trip to the library.
He’s a fan of farm life…
… as well as bonding with cute dogs.
All in all, he’s like any other family man — his family just happen to be the most famous in the world. Happy birthday, Prince Philip!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.