- Prince William and Kate Middleton’s youngest son, Prince Louis, had an “Instagram vs reality” photo shoot to mark his birthday.
- As per tradition, The Duchess of Cambridge took the official photo of the birthday boy, who turns two on April 23.
- The playful photos were unlike most other royal portraits.
- Rather than having Louis just smile for the camera, the duchess took snaps of the prince as he got messy playing with paint. She showed the before and after shots on her social media accounts.
- Here are all of the photos.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The beginning of the shoot started off well, with Prince Louis smiling sweetly at his mum behind the camera.
But from another angle, we can see the prince’s hands were completely covered in paint. However, the rest of Louis seemed perfectly intact.
Then it was time to show off his multi-coloured hands for the camera …
… before making the moment permanent with this adorable piece of artwork.
It all seemed to get a bit too much for Louis, who threw his hands in the air with excitement.
And finally, it was only a matter of time before he ended up looking like this. Happy birthday, Prince Louis!