- A bizarre photo appeared to show a giant Klay Thompson towering over Stephen Curry on the Warriors bench during Game 2 of the NBA Finals.
- The photograph perplexed fans who were curious as to how the shot was created.
- As it turns out, Thompson was sitting on a cushion, creating the illusion that he was far taller Curry.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Golden State Warriors tied up the NBA Finals with a win against the Raptors on Sunday night, taking Game 2 of the series, 109-104.
While the Raptors’ unexpected box-and-1 defence created some problems for the Warriors, who were hamstrung by a series of injuries, Golden State still prevailed, holding off a late Toronto rally and tying the series 1-1 heading back to California.
The Warriors as always had plenty of highlights on the court, but the viral moment of the night came from a bizarre photo taken of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson as they sat next to each other on the team’s bench.
The photo, taken by Jesse D. Garrabrant, appears to show Thompson towering over a tiny Curry.
why does Steph look so small next to Klay pic.twitter.com/leBOhkX9BA
— SB Nation (@SBNation) June 3, 2019
In reality, Thompson is listed as just 4 inches taller than Curry, but the photo warps the two players’ dimensions to a point where Thompson looks like a big man and Curry looks as if he should be playing in high school.
On Twitter, fans were confused as to what had happened to create such an odd image.
- https://twitter.com/rebdab/status/1135357471525081090?ref_src=twsrc^tfw https://twitter.com/Tomdincan/status/1135352713502371840?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
I am Steph Curry, and Monday is Klay Thompson. pic.twitter.com/scRbvfXnsZ
— S.Q. Trinh (@sontrinh) June 3, 2019
“Am I too high again or is Steph really that small” – Klay pic.twitter.com/FGzj6KqMMh
— PLAYOFF Mickstape (@MickstapeShow) June 3, 2019
As it turns out, the answer was rather simple – Thompson was sitting on a cushion that propped him up much higher than Curry. Between the extra height and the angle of the photo, Thompson looked massive and Curry looked extra-diminutive.
Lol Klay is sitting on those seat pads https://t.co/zJEvMCscRE
— Krystle (@Krystle_Bee) June 3, 2019
The Warriors take the series back to Golden State with Game 3 on Wednesday night.
- Read more
- Obama showed up for Game 2 of the NBA Finals in a sharp leather jacket that earned rave reviews
- Drake appeared to call the Warriors ‘trash’ in an argument with Draymond Green after the Raptors’ big Game 1 win in the Finals
- Jimmy Kimmel has Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid, and other NBA stars read mean tweets about themselves
- All Elite Wrestling made a clear statement with its first official event – and it should put WWE on notice
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.