- Three people were hospitalized and 10 were displaced after an apartment fire in West Philadelphia early Monday morning, in which residents had to escape through windows, CBS 3 reported.
- A hero who helped save children from the fire took a dig at Eagles wide receiver Nelson Agholor, who lost a fumble and dropped two passes during Sunday’s loss to the Detroit Lions, as he spoke to CBS 3 about the fire.
- “I see a guy hanging out the window screaming that his kids were in there. My man just started throwing babies out the window. And we were catching them – unlike Agholor and all his mishaps,” Hakim Law told CBS 3.
- The Eagles have lost two games at home in the last two weeks. Agholor made errors in both games and is getting dragged for it by Eagles fans across Philadelphia.
- Law, who’s a former firefighter, told CBS 3 that he was walking past the building around 2 a.m. on Monday when he saw the flames. He helped firefighters move their ladder then jumped into action.
- Monday morning’s fire was caused by an air conditioning unit, officials told CBS 3.
- Watch Law’s comments about the fire below.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Eagles fans have no chill ????
— John Clark (@JClarkNBCS) September 23, 2019
Here’s the full clip from CBS 3. Law comes in at the 1:19 mark.
Agholor, meanwhile, saw Law’s viral comments, and offered him and his family tickets to the next Eagles home game.
- Read more:
- Philadelphia authorities cracked a decades-old cold case with the help of a yellow sock that matched one found on the murder victim’s body
- A man with ALS was denied service at a restaurant after waiters thought he was intoxicated
- A Philadelphia Starbucks employee wrote ‘ISIS’ on the cup of a customer in Islamic dress instead of ‘Aziz’
- A fan asked Lil Uzi Vert to pay his $US90,000 college tuition – and the rapper said yes