- During an appearance on NBC’s “Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on Thursday, Pete Davidson shared details about the dinner he had in late January with Kid Cudi, Kanye West, and Timothée Chalamet.
- Davidson said he arrived at the dinner early and put down his credit card so he could treat Cudi for his 35th birthday.
- But things got more complicated once Chalamet, West, and Kim Kardashian West showed up unexpectedly.
- The comedian said that West requested they use a private room for their dinner and that he asked the waiter to serve them “that stuff that’s not even on the menu, the crazy stuff.”
- Davidson said that while West caused the bill to increase, it “actually wasn’t as bad as you’d think.”
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
During an appearance on NBC’s “Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on Thursday, Davidson explained how he ended up at a restaurant called Nobu in late January celebrating Cudi’s 35th birthday with Chalamet and West.
The 25-year-old comedian said that Cudi, who he referred to as “the best musician that’s ever lived,” invited him to the restaurant and that he was under the impression that it would just be him, the rapper, and his manager and producer, so he decided to pay for the meal.
“I got there a little early so I could give them my card,” Davidson told Fallon. “I thought it was just, like, us three.”
Then Chalamet showed up, followed by West and Kim Kardashian West. Davidson said that after West suggested they get “the special room in the back,” he panicked at the thought of how much money that would cost him.
17 celebrities who have quit social media
“We’re sitting in there, and I’m, like, texting my touring agent – I’m like, ‘Yo, you’ve got to book more shows,'” Davidson recalled.
Adding to that, Davidson said, West asked the waiter to bring out “that stuff that’s not even on the menu, the crazy stuff.”
Davidson said that West and Kardashian West are “sweet people” and that the bill for the evening wasn’t what he expected.
“It actually wasn’t as bad as you’d think, but, you know, it’s not like it’s Applebee’s,” Davidson said. “It’s Nobu, you know, which is like 77 Applebee’ses.”
Davidson previously shared a few details about the gathering while taking a lie-detector test with Machine Gun Kelly for Vanity Fair in March. He said that he ate “a bunch of rich-people stuff” and that West “kept ordering the whole entire time.”
“I had to book two more gigs in Ohio,” Davidson added.
The now-viral photos of the stars were first shared on social media by Kardashian West. During an appearance on “The Tonight Show” in February, the reality-TV star said she “got more DMs from my friends, from my gay friends, from my straight friends, everyone asking me about Timothée and Pete.”
Kardashian West also said she didn’t want to intrude on their “guy time,” so she stayed in the background, kept busy with her phone, and documented their dinner.
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) January 31, 2019
Watch Davidson tell Fallon about the bill in the video below.
- Read more about Pete Davidson:
- Catholic officials are demanding an apology from ‘SNL’s’ Pete Davidson after he compared sex abuse allegations against R. Kelly to the church
- Pete Davidson defended the age gap between him and new girlfriend Kate Beckinsale
- Pete Davidson kicked someone out of his live show when they heckled him with an insensitive joke about Mac Miller
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.