- Pete Davidson made his first public appearance since reportedly splitting with Ariana Grande.
- While headlining an event with Judd Apatow in California on Saturday, Davidson joked about the tattoos that he got in honour of his relationship with the singer.
- “I’ve been covering a bunch of tattoos, that’s fun,”Davidson reportedly said. “I’m f—ing zero for two in the tattoo [department]. Yeah, I’m afraid to get my mum tattooed on me, that’s how bad it is.”
- The “Saturday Night Live” star was likely referencing getting a tattoo inspired by his ex-girlfriend, Cazzie David, when they were in a relationship, in addition to the ink he got when he was engaged to Grande.
- Davidson has the following six tattoos inspired by his relationship with Grande: “Dangerous Woman” bunny ears on his neck, Grande’s initials on his thumb, the phrase “mille tendresse” to match Grande’s tattoo, a small cloud, her last name written in script on his chest, and an image of their pig, Piggy Smallz, on his stomach.
- Recently, fans noticed that Davidson altered the bunny-ears tattoo, and it’s now a filled-in heart with a small A.
On Saturday, Davidson attended an event at California’s Largo at the Coronet called “Judd & Pete for America,” which was headlined by the “Saturday Night Live” star and Judd Apatow. The show marked Davidson’s first public appearance since his split from Grande, which TMZ reported on October 14.
According to E! News, the 24-year-old poked fun at the six Grande-inspired tattoos that he received after the two got engaged as well as his own track record of getting ink inspired by his relationships. Prior to dating Grande, he was with actress Cazzie David and got an image of her tattooed on his arm. He later got it covered up before entering into a relationship with Grande.
“Um, I’ve been covering a bunch of tattoos, that’s fun,” Davidson reportedly said at “Judd & Pete for America.” “I’m f—ing zero for two in the tattoo [department]. Yeah, I’m afraid to get my mum tattooed on me, that’s how bad it is.”
Davidson recently changed the “Dangerous Woman” tattoo inspired by Grande on his neck to a filled-in heart accompanied by a small A. His other Grande-inspired tattoos are Grande’s initials on his thumb, a small cloud tattoo that Grande also has, a tattoo on his chest that says “Grande,” and the phrase “mille tendresse” on the back of his neck to match one that the “Sweetener” singer has. He also has a tattoo of the pig they got together, Piggy Smallz, on his stomach.
The actor added that when he and Grande got tattoos after getting engaged, a magazine implied that he was “stupid” for rushing into getting new ink. He initially disagreed with the publication, but, according to E! News, admitted on Saturday that it probably wasn’t the best idea.
Davidson said: “So my boy, he was like, ‘Don’t listen to that s— man. They’re literally f—ing haters.’ And I’m like, ‘Yeah, f— that. I’m not stupid.’ And the other day we were in my kitchen and he was like, ‘Yo bro. Turns out you were stupid.'”
Also at the event, the comedian jokingly asked the crowd if anybody had “any open rooms” and was “looking for a roommate.” Davidson and Grande had previously shared an apartment in New York City after making their relationship official.
Since reportedly calling off their engagement and splitting, Grande has also concealed ink on her finger that says “Pete.” At a recent taping to celebrate the anniversary of “Wicked,” the “God Is a Woman” singer covered the tattoo with a Band-Aid.
Grande also has the badge number of Davidson’s late father, who died on 9/11, tattooed on her foot to match the ink that appears on the comedian’s arm.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.