Photo: Pentagon report
The Pentagon’s release of its $73,000 report on the Chinese military has both countries pointing fingers.The U.S. takes 94-pages to outline CCP military projects and ambitions while China calls the report am “alarmist cock-and-bull-story“.
“There’s nothing particularly magical about any one particular item,” Deputy Assistant Secretary of defence for Asia Michael Schiffer said to reporters in a Wednesday briefing.
The report mentions:
- China may have an aircraft carrier but training pilots to land planes on the craft will take until at least 2015.
- China’s 15 space launches in 2010 but cites no reasons for concern.
- Real concern about China’s cyber-hostilities.
- China’s three types of warfare: psychological, media, and legal war.
- A rundown of China’s missile capabilities
- China’s ability to invade neighbouring territories as far away as Indonesia and Iran.
- China has up to 65 nuclear missiles capable of hitting targets around the world.
- China has had underground military facilities for 60 years.
- The CCP has several pending territorial disputes it’s waiting to remedy.
The full report is below.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.