- Pabst Blue Ribbon’s new lime-flavored Stronger Seltzer is the latest addition to the already packed hard-seltzer market.
- Stronger Seltzer’s higher alcohol content – 8% ABV – sets it apart from other hard seltzers.
- The new product will be available starting Monday in Arizona,California,Montana, and Texas.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Pabst Blue Ribbon’s new lime-flavored Stronger Seltzer is the latest boozy addition to the already packed hard-seltzer market.
At 8% alcohol by volume, Stronger Seltzer sets itself apart from other hard seltzers, which are generally around 4.5% to 5.5% ABV.
While many people choose hard seltzers for their lower calorie count, PBR’s latest product doesn’t quite fit that bill – each can of Stronger Seltzer has 228 calories.
The brand has also recently released PBR Hard Coffee, a malt coffee beverage with 5% ABV, as well as PBR Extra, a lager with 6.5% ABV.
PBR also launched its first non-alcoholic beer, Pabst Non-Alc, whose website says is “for everyone to join the occasion.”
The new seltzer will be available starting Monday in select stores in Arizona, California, Montana, and Texas.
Pabst wasn’t the only beer company to jump into the seltzer game on Monday: Natural Light released Natural Light Seltzer, a hard seltzer with 6% ABV.
Both are aiming to claim a share of a market that has been dominated by White Claw, dubbed by some as the “drink of the summer.”
- Read more:
- The woman who ‘invented’ gender reveal parties doesn’t think gender should be assigned at birth
- Serena Williams teamed up with Wheaties to give the World Cup-winning US women’s national team its own limited-edition cereal box
- A zoo threw its 60-year-old tortoise a birthday party and it’s the cutest thing ever
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.