Photo: jasonlam / Flickr
Oh, Paula Deen — it’s unsurprising that the maker of the chocolate pizza, butter cake ice cream, and Krispy Kreme pudding would also have a recipe for some killer buffalo wings.But what is surprising about the recipe is that it only takes 20 minutes to make (including 10 minutes of prep time), and has a total of only five ingredients.
We found an old Food Network video of the recipe and the nearly-unrecognizable Southern cook and broke it down here. No matter your opinion on last year’s controversy over Deen keeping her type 2 diabetes diagnosis under wraps, these wings are worth trying for yourself — perhaps on Super Bowl Sunday.
Choose which hot sauce you want. Butter cuts the sauce's heat, so you can choose a pretty spicy one without burning your taste buds.
Now, back to the wings. You'll know they are done when they're floating in the oil (again, about 10 minutes).
- 12 chicken wings, disjointed
- Oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of your favourite hot sauce
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F in a large pot or fryer
- Salt the wings and deep fry until golden and crispy (approximately 10 minutes)
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and add your favourite hot sauce, mix
- Toss the wings into the sauce and coat evenly
- Place wings on a platter and serve
Source: The Food Network
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.