Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen is selling his 303-foot long yacht, Tatoosh.Fraser Yachts says the yacht’s price is $162 million. (The price varies, though. Gizmodo says it’s $158 million, the Seattle Times says it’s $172 million.)
What do you get for spending all that money?
You get the world’s 26th largest yacht, which can accommodate 24 guests and a crew of 35 according to Fraser Yachts site.
On Wikipedia, we learn the Tatoosh has:
- Five decks
- a master Greg suite, a saloon and other rooms on the top deck
- a saloon with a French limestone fireplace, a dining area, staterooms and a ladies’ powder room on the main deck
- a shaded six-foot (max. 1.6 m) deep swimming pool with adjustable floor in depth, located aft on the main deck beneath a full overhang
- a movie theatre
- facilities to transport two helicopters on the top two decks
- a custom Hinckley powerboat (about a 40 footer (12 m))
- a Hinckley sailboat of about 40 feet (12 m)
- 5 Sea doo’s
Oh yeah, and you get a big weekly bill for upkeep. Paul’s other yacht, the 404-foot Octopus, costs him $38,000 each week.
Obviously, making a purchase like this is a big decision, so before you rush in…