Photo: Fox News
- The three tablets will run WebOS 2.5.1, a new iteration of the OS.
- The tablet will run on Sprint’s 4G network.
- The hardware specs are “nearly identical to Apple’s iPad.”
- PalmPad will have a mini HDMI port and USB 3.0.
- It will have front and rear facing cameras, 1.3 and 3 megapixels for each. There will be a flash.
- Screen will be about as big as an iPad.
- It will weigh 1.25 pounds.
- The corners will be rounded on it.
- A fourth version is coming later, aimed at students.
- The PalmPad will be ready March 2011.
We’re excited to see more tablets, but we’re not expecting Palm to blow away the iPad. It couldn’t mount a challenge to the iPhone, so we see little reason to think it could do much with tablets.
UPDATE: Engadget and others have poured some cold water on this report. Engadget questions how likely it is that HP would use the HP Slate form factor as the basis for a new tablet. It also says it hasn’t received an invite to see anything from Palm/HP at CES.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.