The Oscars are a big deal for Hollywood’s actors and artists — but they’re a big night for fashion, too. Dozens of stars walked the red carpet decked out in gowns, tuxes, and jewels, but only a few rose to the top of the pack.
Here are the 26 best looks from the 89th Academy Awards.
More from INSIDER:
- Jimmy Kimmel did a celebrity-packed ‘Mean Tweets’ segment at the Oscars
- Here are the 16 worst looks from the 2017 Oscars red carpet
- Jimmy Kimmel reignites his Matt Damon feud during the Oscars
- People are freaking out about Nicole Kidman’s bizarre clap at the Oscars
- Here are the best looks from the 2017 Oscars red carpet
The adorable Sunny Pawar looked grown-up in his tiny tuxedo. And nothing looks better than a giant smile!
16-year-old Auli'i Cravalho voiced the main character in Disney's 'Moana.' Her white dress featured intricate gold details.
'Hidden Figures' star Taraji P. Henson rocked a custom Alberta Ferretti number. Lots of stars wore velvet on the red carpet, but Henson wore it best.
'Star Trek' actor John Cho posed on the carpet with wife Kerri Higuchi. Her strapless floral gown was chic and feminine.
Best actress nominee Emma Stone oozed old Hollywood glamour. Her Givenchy Haute Couture gown had layers of golden fringe.
Blue tuxes were a big trend for men. Chris Evans of 'Captain America: Civil War' was one of the stars who took part.
And last but not least, former Miss USA Olivia Culpo accented her Marchesa gown with a delicate black ribbon.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.