- Paul Rudd appeared at the 2019 Oscars on Sunday night at the Dolby Theatre to present the award for best visual effects with Sarah Paulson.
- Viewers said that the 49-year-old actor seemed to be “ageing in reverse.”
- They also said that his appearance hasn’t changed since he starred in the 1995 movie “Clueless.”
On Sunday at Los Angeles’ Dolby Theatre, Rudd, who stars as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, presented the award for best visual effects with Sarah Paulson (which went to “First Man”). Fans took to social media to gush over the 49-year-old’s youthful look.
Viewers said that Rudd ‘ages like a fine wine.’
Reminder that Paul Rudd is a perfect human and ages like a fine wine. pic.twitter.com/iJgAbmifn6
— Barrett Courtney (@SadBoyBarrett) February 25, 2019
Time makes fools of us all. Except for the ageless Paul Rudd. #oscars
— Kayleigh Donaldson (@Ceilidhann) February 25, 2019
Paul Rudd, what dark bargain have you cut with the Gods of Time.
— Emily Nussbaum (@emilynussbaum) February 25, 2019
They also said that his appearance hasn’t changed since he starred as Josh in the classic 1995 movie ‘Clueless.’
How is it possible that Paul Rudd hasn’t aged since ‘Clueless’? pic.twitter.com/pRSlR7ke2e
— stuart emmrich (@StuartEmmrich) February 25, 2019
Imagine how terrifying Clueless would have been if we knew that Josh/Paul Rudd would never age
— Rakesh Satyal (@rakeshsatyal) February 25, 2019
Many people were curious to know more about Rudd’s skincare routine.
Paul Rudd turns 50 in 6 weeks. Where is his QVC skincare line? I would Easy Pay the crap out of that. #Oscars
— Jamie B. Golden (@jamiebgolden) February 25, 2019
Paul Rudd drop the skincare routine.
— Akilah Hughes (@AkilahObviously) February 25, 2019
Others compared the actor to vampires, supernatural creatures that are known for being immortal.
Paul Rudd is a vampire. It's obvious.
— Ethereal Trash Fire (@etherealraccoon) February 25, 2019
— NinerChick757 (@akaDafni) February 25, 2019
Paul Rudd is a vampire.#TheOscars
— Phill Branch (@phillbranch) February 25, 2019
Some people also thought it was funny that Rudd was presenting the award for best visual effects.
— The Nerds of Color (@TheNerdsofColor) February 25, 2019
Paul Rudd is presenting for visual effects, because the fact that he has not managed to age in 20+ years is the true visual magic that deserves to be honored.
— The Hot Dog Water of Drag (@shelbyboring) February 25, 2019
- embed type
Paul Rudd gets better-looking every year.
How does he do that?
Maybe he should win for Visual Effects. #Oscars2019
— Tara Lazar (@taralazar) February 25, 2019
Read more about the 2019 Oscars:
- Here’s the complete list of the 2019 Oscar winners
- What your favourite celebrities wore to the 2019 Oscars
- Charlize Theron arrived to the Oscars showing off a new brunette bob and it left viewers stunned
- Watch Oscar-winner Regina King thank her mother as they both cry after she nabs the first award of the night
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.