- “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” actress Julia Butters brought a turkey sandwich in her purse to the Oscars on Sunday.
- “I don’t like some of the food here,” the movie’s 10-year-old breakout star told a journalist on the red carpet.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Julia Butters brought an unconventional accessory to the Oscars on Sunday: A turkey sandwich.
The 10-year-old breakout star of Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” which was nominated for best picture, revealed the snack inside her purse on the red carpet.
“I don’t like some of the food here,” she told Los Angeles Times reporter Amy Kaufman.
— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) February 9, 2020
“There is a sandwich in my purse because I was smart this time,” she elaborated when speaking with Entertainment Tonight. “The other awards I was hungry, I was starving, and sometimes, either, they don’t have food or I don’t care for the food.”
Butters’ frilly pink outfit for her Oscars debut was designed by Christian Siriano. She helped design it – and even sent Siriano a sketch of her desired final look, according to E!.
Butters wasn’t the only star to bring a snack to the awards ceremony. Lilly Singh shared a video on Twitter that showed her eating a chocolate chip cookie on the red carpet.
“An all white outfit won’t stop me from eating chocolate chip cookies on the #Oscarsredcarpet because let’s be real… this show is long and I need snax,” Singh tweeted.
An all white outfit won’t stop me from eating chocolate chip cookies on the #Oscarsredcarpet because let’s be real… this show is long and I need snax. @TheAcademy #Oscars ????????♀️ pic.twitter.com/Ryke4hxDaJ
— Lilly Singh (@Lilly) February 10, 2020
Butters joins many of her costars – including best actor nominee Leonardo DiCaprio and best supporting actor nominee Brad Pitt – for the 92nd Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California.
“They deserve all the success that’s coming to them and that has come to them and they’re really wonderful people, such amazing artists,” she told ET.
- Read more:
- What your favourite celebrities wore to the 2020 Oscars
- Billy Porter was cold in his Oscars red-carpet look so he wrapped himself in a fleece blanket
- The 24-carat gold-plated vape pen in the 2020 Oscar nominee gift bag was inspired by Leonardo DiCaprio’s love of vaping
- 6 films that don’t deserve their Oscar nominations – sorry
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.