- Regina King won for best supporting actress at the 2019 Oscars Sunday night at LA’s Dolby Theatre.
- As she stood up to accept her award, her dress appeared to get caught.
- Chris Evans, who was seated next to the actress, gave her his arm and escorted her to the stage.
Chris Evans melted hearts when he jumped up to help Oscar winner Regina King to the stage Sunday.
When King, 48, stood up to accept the supporting actress Oscar for “If Beale Street Could Talk” at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, it looked like her dress got caught. Evans, 37, who was seated next to the actress and her mother, swiftly gave her his arm and helped her to the stage so she wouldn’t trip.
She thanked the actor as he led her down the aisle.
Fans loved the moment and King’s win.
Chris Evans escorting Oscar-winner Regina King onto the stage so she doesn't trip. Love. pic.twitter.com/z7CYZM5ZjZ
— Spencer Althouse (@SpencerAlthouse) February 25, 2019
— ariana (@capsheroes) February 25, 2019
Chris Evans helping Regina King to get on stage pic.twitter.com/VvmFZSZmxa
— dilara (@IngmarBoobman) February 25, 2019
People compared Evans to his Captain America character.
— The Big Picture (@TheBigPic) February 25, 2019
— Lorraine Cink ???? (@lorrainecink) February 25, 2019
— Kofi Outlaw (@KofiOutlaw) February 25, 2019
This wasn’t the first time the “Avengers” actor helped someone to a stage. In 2015, Evans escorted Betty White to the stage at the People’s Choice Awards.
— Joanna Robinson (@jowrotethis) February 25, 2019
- Read more:
- Emilia Clarke ditched her ice-blonde hair for a short brunette bob at the Oscars
- Actor Billy Porter made a statement in a tuxedo dress with a voluminous skirt on the Oscars red carpet
- What your favourite celebrities wore to the 2019 Oscars
- 6 actors with the most Oscar wins of all time
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.