- The song “Shallow” from “A Star Is Born” won for best original song at the 2019 Oscars.
- Stars Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga sang the song onstage Sunday at LA’s Dolby Theatre.
- They crushed the intimate performance.
“A Star Is Born” stars Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga performed an intimate rendition of “Shallow” at the 2019 Oscars.
The co-stars, who play lovers Jackson and Aly in the movie, sang the Oscar-winning song to each other on the stage at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. They walked up to the stage together from the audience. Cooper initially sat on a stool opposite of Gaga but later joined her on the piano bench.
Viewers raved about the emotional and intimate performance.
Thanks to Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga for giving me an excuse to weep on my couch on a Sunday!!! pic.twitter.com/CU37rUTFJ3
— Emma Gray (@emmaladyrose) February 25, 2019
i just want one person to look at me the way lady gaga looks at bradley cooper pic.twitter.com/VkKmYMwZ47
— ryan carey-mahoney ???? (@thegoodcarmah) February 25, 2019
— Casey Baker (@CaseyBake16) February 25, 2019
— ⟭⟬ jinkook⁷⟬⟭ (@BKayrod) February 25, 2019
The performance was much slower than Gaga’s rock version of the song at the Grammys.
“A Star Is Born” was nominated for eight Oscars, including best picture, leading actor, and leading actress.
— Channel9 (@Channel9) February 25, 2019
- Read more:
- Chris Evans jumped up to help Regina King to the stage after she won the Oscar for best supporting actress, and it melted viewers’ hearts
- Actor Billy Porter made a statement in a tuxedo dress with a voluminous skirt on the Oscars red carpet
- What your favourite celebrities wore to the 2019 Oscars
- Lady Gaga wore a $US30 million necklace to the Oscars with a 128-carat yellow diamond last seen on Audrey Hepburn
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.