- The singer Billie Eilish appeared baffled during the 2020 Oscars in the best reaction shot of the night.
- She made a face during a parody song performance by the actors Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig.
- Perhaps she didn’t find it funny, or the older song references were lost on the 18-year-old.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Billie Eilish appeared baffled during Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig’s parody song performance at the 92nd Academy Awards, held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California, on Sunday night.
In an instantly memeable moment, the camera panned to Eilish as Rudolph and Wiig started singing the 1986 song “Lady in Red” as part of a running bit in which they parodied Hollywood-related songs. They were gearing up to present the award for best costume design (which went to “Little Women”).
You can watch the full video of this moment below (the camera cuts to Eilish about 47 seconds in):
— ABC News (@ABC) February 10, 2020
People immediately picked up on the indiscernible and weird face Eilish made.
billie eilish is not really sure what's happening pic.twitter.com/egd3ueZugJ
— Kathryn VanArendonk (@kvanaren) February 10, 2020
— Jessie Lynch (@jesskalynch) February 10, 2020
Billie Eilish has had enough pic.twitter.com/BFRSBvKFNN
— Spencer Althouse (@SpencerAlthouse) February 10, 2020
— rlizzz ???? (@rlizz25) February 10, 2020
— The Geek Point (@TheGeekPoint_) February 10, 2020
At this point I'm stumping for a dedicated camera on Billie Eilish, just providing nonstop disbelieving reaction shots to the entire #Oscars ceremony. Every time the show cuts to her, she's got a different "OK, Boomer" expression going on, and I'm all for it. pic.twitter.com/sRYcJSDNrV
— Tasha Robinson (@TashaRobinson) February 10, 2020
Perhaps she was confused by the song choices. Earlier in the night, the 18-year-old singer made waves online when she said her favourite movie growing up was the 2014 movie “The Babadook.”
It’s also possible that Eilish was simply unamused by Rudolph and Wiig’s comedic bit. Either way, the internet wins.
- Read more:
- Billie Eilish said her favourite movie growing up was 2014’s ‘The Babadook’ on the Oscars red carpet and fans feel ‘so old’
- Natalie Portman wore a cape that was embroidered with the names of the female directors snubbed at the Oscars
- The 31 youngest Oscar nominees of all time
- Timothée Chalamet adorably tried to photobomb Margot Robbie on the Oscars red carpet, and she caught him in the act
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.