- Oreo will release “Game of Thrones“-themed cookies just in time for the series’ final season.
- The limited-edition Oreos come emblazoned with one of four different decals inspired by the HBO show.
- The cookies are carved with the House Lannister, House Targaryen, and House Stark family sigils or with a profile of the Night King.
- Oreo is celebrating the collaboration by recreating the show’s title sequence with an animated landscape built entirely out of 2,750 Oreo cookies.
- The new “Game of Thrones” Oreos will hit shelves nationwide starting April 8, just under a week before the debut of the show’s eighth season on April 14.
Oreo will release “Game of Thrones”-inspired cookies just in time for the series’ final season.
The limited-edition “Game of Thrones” Oreos, which taste like the original cookie, come emblazoned with one of four different decals inspired by the show. Three of the cookies feature the family sigils of the major houses vying for the Iron Throne, while the fourth cookie comes carved with a profile of the Night King.
The House Stark direwolf sigil is embossed on one version of the cookie.
The Mother of Dragons is represented with a House Targaryen-inspired cookie featuring the iconic three-headed dragon sigil.
Meanwhile, the famous “golden lion” of House Lannister makes an appearance on another version of the “Game of Thrones” Oreo cookies.
Finally, the Night King represents the White Walker army with a cookie of his own.
Oreo is celebrating the collaboration by recreating the show’s title sequence with an animated landscape built entirely out of 2,750 Oreo cookies. Check out the video below:
Fans of the show can visit Oreo’s website or post on Facebook and Twitter using #GameofCookies or #FortheThrone to pledge their loyalty to any of the houses or the White Walker opposition. Oreo will then surprise some lucky participants with a special treat; the company has not yet disclosed what the treat will be.
The new “Game of Thrones” Oreos will hit shelves nationwide starting April 8, giving fans of the series plenty of time to stock up on the limited-edition snack prior to the hit show’s season eight debut on HBO April 14.
- Read more:
- Urban Decay just unveiled its entire ‘Game of Thrones’ makeup collection, and it includes a pop-up eye-shadow palette
- We tried ‘Game of Thrones’-themed scotch, wine, and beer – and we threw anything we didn’t like out the Moon Door
- Adidas has launched ‘Game of Thrones’ Ultraboosts – here’s where to buy them before they sell out for good
- You can buy official ‘Game of Thrones’ wine for as little as $US8
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.