1. Investors are shrugging off the likely impeachment of Donald Trump. Economic optimism is taking over and boosting stocks and oil – here’s why.
2. Oil has recovered from the coronavirus shock of 2020.Take a look at what’s driving the crude price to its highest in almost a year.
4.Commodities are taking off right now.Find out which two will outperform gold this year, according to UBS.
5. If you’re a long-term investor, focus on cash-rich companies, not stimulus. Here’s why investment bank Jefferies believes the current profit cycle is unique.
6. Earnings expected: Markit Ltd releases quarterly results.
7. On the data docket:Monthly consumer price inflation data, along with the Fed’s Beige Book, weekly government oil inventories and a 30-year bond auction are coming up.
8. Julian Klymochko wakes up at 4:30 a.m. to manage an ETF that seeks to profit from the SPAC boom. He breaks down how the strategy works, and shares 2 new SPACs on his radar.
9. Goldman Sachs expects sharp economic growth and higher inflation in 2021. The firm relays 50 stocks in its so-called recovery basket set to take off amid favourable conditions.
10. A leading Wall Street firm asked 7 famous investors about their favourite stocks and trades. Modern legends ranging from Bill Miller to Mario Gabelli broke down what they’re betting on now.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.