- OnePlus is announcing its OnePlus 7 Pro smartphone on May 14.
- The company is expected to also announce the “non-pro” OnePlus 7 model, but there’s no confirmation yet for the standard OnePlus 7.
- The OnePlus 7 Pro will have 5G connectivity, as well as a special display that OnePlus CEO Pete Lau said is “super smooth” and “very crisp.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
OnePlus is announcing its new OnePlus 7 Pro smartphone on May 14.
The OnePlus 7 Pro will be the successor to the company’s OnePlus 6T smartphone, which was released in November 2018.
The OnePlus 7 Pro will come with more premium features, such as a special display that OnePlus CEO Pete Lau said is “super smooth” and “very crisp.” Lau didn’t confirm what he meant, but there are rumours that the OnePlus 7 Pro will have a display with a 90-hertz refresh rate compared with the 60-hertz refresh rate on iPhones and the Galaxy S10. That extra 30 hertz would enable the OnePlus 7 Pro’s screen to render an extra 30 frames per second for animations, which could make a noticeable difference for mobile games, swiping around apps, and the Android operating system.
Lau also confirmed that the OnePlus 7 Pro will come with 5G connectivity.
There’s no official confirmation that a more standard “non-pro” OnePlus 7 smartphone will also be announced.
The company is hosting events in four different countries:
- Pier 94, New York – 11 a.m. EDT on May 14
- Printworks, London – 4 a.m. BST on May 14
- BIEC, Bangalore, India – 8:15 p.m. IST on May 14
- Yanqi Lake, Beijing – 2 p.m. PST on May 16.
Tickets sales for the events will start on April 25 on OnePlus’s website at 11 a.m. Early-bird tickets will cost $US20. Early-bird ticket sales will last for 48 hours, after which standard and “Plus One” tickets will be sold. OnePlus did not list the price for regular ticket sales.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.