Facebook went public a year ago.
Today, it’ll report its quarterly earnings for the fourth time since then.
What should you look for when they come out?
I talked about them with my boss, Henry Blodget, earlier that this morning.
Here’s the instant message conversation:
FB will be interesting
What are you interested in to hear?
about FB earns
mobile growth and usage stats
mobile ad growth, assume
going to be big. they are stuffing ads
feels like it to me, anyway
right. the key is any sense of how close to capacity they are… and what revenue growth looks like relative to that. also mobile pricing. possible that, once they hit high capacity, prices will start to rise
overall usage stats also important, though. the declining numbers are worrisome
wonder if they’ll alk about FB home numbers
they sound v light so far
JP Morgan analyst Doug Anmuth, meanwhile, has these 10 questions he’d like answered.
1. How Is Sentiment?
2. What Will Make the Stock Go Up or Down?
3. Is User Engagement on Facebook Down?
4. Where Will Ad Revenue Come In?
5. Can Mobile Revenue Grow Q/Q?
6. How Much Will Desktop Right Rail Decline?
7. What About the Tough Ad Comp in the Back Half?
8. Where Are FBX and Custom Audiences?
9. What Happens to Margins In 2013?
10. What Gets Us Excited About Facebook?
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.