Former Bush official Tevi Troy breaks down the Bob Woodward books and other bestsellers that everyone in Washington claims to have read but hasn’t. All people know about them is boiled down to one or two sentences (via Schumpeter):
- The End of History and the Last Man by Francis Fukuyama: Liberal democracy has triumphed. End of story.
- Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin: Dissension in an administration can make the sum greater than the parts.
- Bush at War by Bob Woodward: Bush more involved than you’d think.
- Obama’s Wars by Bob Woodward: Sure takes the new guy a long time to make a decision.
- Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community by Robert D. Putnam:The title says it all.
- The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers by Paul Kennedy: Japan is about to eat our lunch. (Oops.)
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.