- An Oklahoma City man went to investigate noises he heard coming from his attic Wednesday morning, figuring they were being made by an animal.
- Instead, he found a 28-year-old homeless man, who he held at gunpoint until police arrived.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
An Oklahoma City man was in for a big surprise when on Wednesday he found a homeless man living in his attic.
The unidentified homeowner told police that he heard noises coming from the attic recently that sounded like a squirrel had made the space its home for the winter, KOCO reports.
The man, suspecting that the animal in his attic might be a bit bigger such as a raccoon or a opossum, went up to investigate armed with a shotgun.
But instead of a large animal, the homeowner found a 28-year-old homeless man lying down on a mattress. He immediately called 911, while he held the uninvited transient at gunpoint.
According to audio from the 911 call, obtained by KOCO, the homeowner told the dispatcher that he found a “stranger in my house” and that he needs officers “here immediately.” He then is heard leading the man out of the house at gunpoint.
The homeless man was taken into custody on a charge of first-degree burglary. KOCO says they are not naming the suspect because he has not been formally charged.
- Read more:
- A beauty influencer says she ‘beat the crap out of’ her child after she broke a Jeffree Star eye-shadow palette, sparking calls for intervention online
- Pete Davidson gave a tour of his mum’s basement where he lives, featuring a ‘porno bathroom’ and an ‘Uncut Gems’ basketball
- A teenager tricked Twitter into verifying a fake 2020 candidate. Here’s how he did it.
- A humane society offered bad drawings of people’s pets for $US15 donations and the results are hysterical