- Odell Beckham Jr. celebrated his first game with the Cleveland Browns by playing while wearing an extremely expensive luxury watch.
- According to Andrew Joseph at For The Win, the watch appeared to be an RM 11-03 McLaren Flyback Chronograph, priced at $US350,000.
- Another report placed the value of the watch at $US160,000.
- Unfortunately for Beckham, his watch didn’t help the Browns to victory, as Cleveland was blown out by the Titans, 43-13.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Odell Beckham Jr. is known for his flashy play on the field.
But during his debut game with the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, Beckham took his flashiness to a whole new level by wearing what appeared to be a Richard Mille watch worth $US350,000.
Fans on Twitter were quick to notice Beckham’s bold fashion choice.
Odell Beckham Jr is really rocking a Richard Mille watch on the field ???? pic.twitter.com/Z54BjMwkTt
— Master (@MasterTes) September 8, 2019
Odell our here playing in a Richard Millie … that’s a quarter million dollar watch ???? ???????? pic.twitter.com/E56wND5awv
— January7th♑️ (@1flyyguy) September 8, 2019
Odell at the Met Gala & Odell playing for the Browns, rocking the Richard Mille watch. It’s not even a question who my favorite NFL player has been for a long time. pic.twitter.com/jb4fR4CrtV
— Daniel Dudley (@DDisBORED) September 8, 2019
Andrew Joseph at For The Win said the watch appeared to be an RM 11-03 McLaren Flyback Chronograph, priced at $US350,000.
Darren Rovell of The Action Network later identified the watch as a different Richard Mille timepiece with a sale price of $US160,000, still a hefty sum.
While plenty of NFL players have worn valuable jewellery on the field before, whether as necklaces or piercings, Beckham’s wristwatch was an impressive step into new territory of on-field football fashion.
Unfortunately for Beckham, his watch didn’t help the Browns to victory. While Beckham finished the game with seven catches for 71 yards, Cleveland was blown out by the Tennessee Titans, 43-13.
- Read more:
- It took the Miami Dolphins only 30 minutes of awful football to make a case as the worst team in the NFL this year
- Jags linebacker Myles Jack goes berserk after being ejected from Jaguars-Chiefs game for throwing a punch
- Why Antonio Brown can’t play for the New England Patriots in Week 1
- It took Patrick Mahomes just 96 seconds to throw his first touchdown pass of the 2019 NFL season
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.